“Nahas Hidayath’s directorial debut, “RDX: Robert Dony Xavier,” roars onto the screen with an adrenaline-fueled energy that leaves audiences on the edge of their seats. With Sophie Paul’s production under Weekend Blockbusters, this Indian Malayalam-language action thriller is a rollercoaster of martial arts, intense sequences, and compelling characters. It stars Antony Varghese, Shane Nigam, Neeraj Madhav in the lead roles, alongside Lal, Babu Antony, Mahima Nambiar, Aima Rosmy Sebastian, Maala Parvathi and Baiju in supporting roles. The music is composed by Sam C. S., while the cinematography is done by Alex J. Pulickal.
1. Dynamic Action Sequences: From the opening scene to the final frame, “RDX” delivers a breathtaking display of martial arts and action sequences that are truly jaw-dropping. The choreography and execution are a masterclass in adrenaline-pumping entertainment, leaving the audience with an electrifying experience.
2. Gripping Storytelling: The film takes a simple yet effective approach to storytelling, weaving a narrative that is centered around action but also draws viewers into its world. The blend of storytelling and high-octane action adds a layer of depth that keeps the audience engaged.
3. Character Dynamics: The trio of Antony Varghese, Shane Nigam, and Neeraj Madhav shine in their respective roles, with the director giving each of them equal importance. Their performances add authenticity and relatability to their characters, making their journeys compelling to watch.
4. Impactful Supporting Roles: Babu Antony’s portrayal as a karate master leaves an indelible mark. His standout fight scene resonates powerfully with the audience, generating moments of awe and excitement. The entire supporting cast, including Lal, Mahima Nambiar, Aima Rosmy Sebastian, Maala Parvathi, and Baiju, contribute significantly to the film’s success.
5. Terrifying Villainous Characters: The film excels in creating villainous characters that are truly intimidating. The antagonists manage to evoke a sense of fear and tension, elevating the stakes of the story.
1. Dialogue Delivery: While the film generally hits the mark in its execution, there are instances where dialogue delivery feels systematic and lacks the punch that the rest of the film possesses. A more nuanced delivery could have added an extra layer of authenticity to the characters’ interactions.
“Nahas Hidayath’s “RDX: Robert Dony Xavier” is a relentless action thriller that delivers on its promise of heart-pounding excitement. With astounding action sequences, a gripping storyline, and memorable characters, the film successfully establishes itself as a powerhouse of entertainment. The cast’s performances, particularly by Antony Varghese, Shane Nigam, Neeraj Madhav, and Babu Antony, contribute to the film’s overall impact. While there may be minor areas for improvement, such as dialogue delivery, the film’s positives vastly outweigh any negatives. For fans of action-packed cinema, “RDX” is an exhilarating ride that leaves a lasting impression. This debut offering holds great promise for the director and serves as a compelling addition to the action genre in Malayalam cinema.”